Papers submitted for publication to the Scientific Annals of the
Psychological Society of Northern Greece should conform to the
style set forth in the Publication Manual of the American
Psychological Association (fourth edition, 1994). Specifically:
1. Manuscripts should be typewritten on A4 paper, on one face
only, double-spaced, and with sufficient margins. The first page of
the manuscript is the title page and should carry the title, the
author(s)’ name(s), affiliation, address, telephone, fax number, and
2. The length of the manuscript should not exceed 30
typewritten pages including abstract, tables, figures,
illustrations, photographs, and bibliography.
3. Submitted manuscripts will be sent for blind review to two
experts in the field; for this reason a second front page carrying
only the title of the manuscript should be included for the review
process. Ácceptance for publication will be based on the reviewers’
and the Editorial Committee’s remarks and evaluation.
4. An abstract of no more than 200 words must be provided. At
the end of the abstract the author(s) should give no more than three
5. Parts of the text or words that should be shown in italics
in the published paper should be underlined in the manuscript.
6. References in the text should be given in alphabetical
order and include the author(s)’ name and year of publication, e.
g., (Bower, 1981; Erich & Metcalfe, 1989; Rusting, 1999).
7. The References should start from a separate page and
should appear in alphabetical order, independently of whether it
refers to articles in journals, to books, or to chapters in edited
books, as follows:
Erber, R., & Tesser, A. (1992). Task
effort and the regulation of mood: The ab-sorption hypothesis.
Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 28, 339-359.
Frijda, N. (1986). The emotions.
Cambridge, England: University Press.
Isen, A. M. (1993). Positive mood and
decision making. In M. Lewis & J. Haviland (Eds.), Handbook of
emotion (pp. 63-85). New York: Guilford.
8. Tables should be titled and numbered consecutively on
separate sheets, after the References.
9. The figures and illustrations are submitted on separate
sheets after the tables, without numbering, but with labels (e.g.,
Figure 1, Diagram 1, etc.). Figures and illustrations should be
preceded by a separate page with the list of captions.
10. The position of tables and figures or illustrations in
the manuscript should be clearly indicated in the text.
11. Submitted manuscripts are considered for publication if
they are original and have not been submitted elsewhere.
12. The author(s) are responsible for obtaining publication
permission for extensive parts, photos, illustrations, etc.
13. Author(s) who submit a paper must send it in triplicate
Prof. Dr. Andreas Brouzos,
Department of Primary Education,
University of Ioannina, 451 10 Ioannina, Greece.
Tel.: +30-26510-95695; Fax: +30-26510-95846;